• Walk with your head up, make eye contact with others, have confidence and move at a steady pace.
• Stay in well-lit, heavily traveled areas. Avoid alleys, dark parking lots or secluded areas.
• If you wear headphones while walking, keep the volume low so you can hear other noises.
• Avoid texting and walking as your attention is not on where you are going or who is coming toward you.
• Don’t walk alone at night. Walk in groups as there is always safety in numbers.
• If you are going to a particular destination, let someone know you are on your way and approximately what time you will arrive.
• If you are carrying a wallet, keep it in your purse or bag and carry it close to your body. Do not leave personal items unattended at any time.
• Vary your route. Take a different path so you don’t become predictable.
Find out more: www.fittedhomealarms.co.uk
Or call us 0800 193 8727, 020 3137 8727